NooCube is a nootropic marketed as a “synergistic blend of nootropics” that boost your mental speed, memory, and concentration. This dietary supplement will help you stay alerted, focused on the task at hand and won’t let your attention wander. You will be able to make associations using both your long term and short term memory. Enhanced memory will also mean you’ll find it a lot easier to learn new skills. Overall improved performance and great results will also boost your self-confidence.
Where did I leave my car keys? What did she just say 2 minutes ago? If this sounds like you, don’t worry. We all have trouble remembering faces and places or concentrating, especially when we’re bombarded with a lot of information on a daily basis, and we come in contact with many more people than we would have before. Sometimes it seems hard to keep up with this fast-paced and highly competitive environment. This is why nootropics have become very popular with healthy people who want to give their brain a little help. Nootropics improve cognitive function and performance in day-to-day activities in all the areas of your life. Also known as smart drugs or cognitive enhancers, Nootropics are substances such as drugs or health supplements that improve the functionality of the brain. These drugs make up for all the nutrients our brain needs, but our diets cannot provide. They help us think faster, remember facts and faces, multi-task, make associations, communicate more efficiently, make decisions, have more energy, be more active, do more things and do them faster and better.
Who makes Noocube?
The dietary supplement is manufactured in FDA-approved facilities in the UK by a company based in Cyprus called Wolfson Berg Limited, but their customer support line is in the UK. They have good marketing, like 5 seconds after logging onto their website, you are already offered a 10% discount code and a live chat window pops up. There are many testimonials on the internet site from people of different professions, from PAs to accountants and lecturers, which share the amazing results they’ve witnessed after starting to take the health supplement. The company claims it made safety and efficacy its priority.
How Does it Work?
Our brain communicates with our body through a network of neurotransmitters and tells it what it needs to do. Nootropics give these chemical messengers a little boost to perform their role better and faster, thus increasing the level of reaction.
NooCube helps stimulate the cholinergic system and the dopaminergic and serotonergic system. In the cholinergic system, thanks to its alpha GPC ingredient, NooCube regulates the levels of acetylcholine, the learning neurotransmitter responsible for staying focused, making decisions, learning and memorizing. NooCube also activates the dopaminergic and serotonergic system which helps make confident and informed decisions by staying focused and motivated.
The product hasn’t been evaluated by the FDA as the FDA does not regulate supplements and only intervenes when too many complaints have piled up. Each ingredient is backed up by scientific studies around its effectiveness, but the dosage of the ingredients used in the several studies may be different than the one recommended for this dietary supplement.
Two capsules of the supplement taken every day with breakfast are guaranteed to boost your cognitive function. You’re supposed to see the effects in only 30 minutes and they should last for up to 8 or 10 hours, which makes it one of the most powerful supplements on the market, since most brain boosters only work for up to 5 hours. Each user will react differently to supplements, so best not to mix it with other stimulants and start with the minimum dosage and then see if you could benefit from a higher dose. Do not exceed four capsules a day. Pregnant women, nursing mothers, underage people and individuals with a pre-existing medical condition or prescription are advised to consult their health practitioner beforehand.
The product does not have any side effects if the recommended dose is respected. However, since users react differently, some might experience high blood pressure, insomnia, digestive problems or even fatigue. Consult your health practitioners if you experience any side effects.
The nootropic doesn’t contain any caffeine, gluten or genetically modified ingredients so that you won’t experience the jitteriness, anxiety or energy crash caffeinated products trigger. Many health supplements use caffeine in very high amounts because this way they can yield almost instant results, boosts energy and focus, and can, therefore, mask the inefficiency of their other ingredients. We are told that all of NooCube’s ingredients ‘have been rigorously tested for safety and are backed by extensive clinical studies’ and have no side effects.
Its magic formula was designed by top neuroscientists. The scientific evidence is referenced on the Ingredients web-page. Each NooCube capsule contains:
- Alpha GPC: Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha GPC) is believed to increase the production of acetylcholine in the brain, which is called the learning neurotransmitter because it helps improve learning, memory, and concentration. Studies have suggested Alpha GPC could be a possible treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. In a 2013 study, Alzheimer’s patients took Alpha GPC three times a day for around six months and experienced consistent improvements in cognitive function test scores, compared to those that only received a placebo, who did not experience any improvements. Another study indicated that people with dementia who were administered alpha GPC for around three months showed a ‘definite symptomatic improvement’ in psychometric tests.
- Cat’s Claw: also known as Uncaria tomentosa, cat’s claw is a vine that grows in the Amazon rainforest and is thought to have neuroprotective properties. Its antioxidant content helps repair DNA damage to cells caused by environmental stress and thus prevents cognitive decline and memory loss which are so inevitable with the passing of time. Researchers found that cat’s claw destroyed free radicals and protected against cell damage and thus concluded that Cat’s Claw could prevent Parkinson’s disease.
- Oat Straw: also known as Avena sativa, oat straw is made from wild green oats and has been used in traditional medicine to improve cognitive function since the Middle Ages. It makes you feel more alert and awake by improving blood flow to the brain, increasing alpha-2 waves in the brain and by controlling artery inflammation. A 2015 study showed that participants who took 800mg green oat extract (GOE) daily for six days had better results in computerized memory tests and their time was faster. Another study showed an improvement in the cognitive performance of old underachievers who were administered weekly doses of oat herb extract. The test measured attention, focus and the ability to maintain focus on the task at hand.
- Huperzine A: improves behavior, memory and mental function in people with conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Huperzine A is extracted from the Chinese club moss plant and contributes to higher levels of acetylcholine by inhibiting acetylcholinesterase (AChE), which breaks down the learning neurotransmitter. Many studies support the role of Huperzine in boosting cognitive function and improving memory. In a 1999 study, huperzine An intake for four weeks led to improved learning and memory performance for young adolescent participants compared to those taking a placebo. In a different study, 58% of Alzheimer’s disease patients treated with huperzine showed improved memory.
- Bacopa Monnieri is useful for improved learning, memory and information processing. This plant has long been used in traditional Indian medicine. Its compounds called bacosides are believed to have a protective effect on neurons and encourage new nerve growth, which is why researchers see tremendous potential in this plant as a treatment for dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and age-related cognitive decline. Bacopa Monnieri boosts cognitive function and mental performance. A 2005 Australian study showed that taking a 300mg extract of Bacopa Monnieri every day helped improve the participants’ memory in only 12 weeks. These participants had better results in memory tests than those taking a placebo. Elderly participants in a 2008 study had better scores in a variety of cognitive assessments after 12 weeks of Bacopa Monnieri ingestion.
- L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green and black tea which helps relax and alleviate stress, while at the same time maintaining alertness. Individuals can thus make informed decisions by staying alerted and not panicking. A 2011 study showed that l-theanine, when administered with green tea extract for 16 weeks, boosted both attention and memory significantly.
- Tyrosine is an amino acid which helps produce dopamine and noradrenaline, two neurotransmitters that help you fight fatigue and stay switched on and focused, especially in stressful situations. A study found that tyrosine improved cognitive flexibility and participants were able to switch between examining one concept to another quickly.
The product’s label also lists small doses of vinpocetine, which is thought to improve memory and blood flow, pterostilbene, which supports brain cell health, and magnesium stearate, a cost-effective and harmless additive found in many supplements that act as a lubricant.
Pricing and availability
The supplement can be purchased on the company’s official website. A bottle of 60 capsules is discounted at $39.59 and comes with free worldwide shipping and a 60-day money back guarantee, including handling and shipping, just like the other purchasing options: 3 bottles plus three bottles for free at $118.76 and two bottles plus one free at $79.17. Delivery takes up to a week. If you are not happy with the product, just email [email protected]com.
The company reminds us that it is important to keep in mind that our brain could use some help on our part other than dietary supplements, so make sure you accompany these with a change in lifestyle: get plenty of rest, eat healthily and exercise. You will get way better results!
Does it work?
On the positive side, we could count:
- The dietary supplement contains a blend of the most natural and efficient nootropics on the market.
- The company doesn’t make any outrageous claims. It encourages pairing up the use of NooCube with healthy habits, such as a nutritious diet, enough sleep and lots of exercises.
- It’s great that it backs its claims with scientific evidence. Research is listed for all its active ingredients.
- Detailed explanations are provided as to how nootropics work for the uninitiated, as well as on how each ingredient works to boost your cognitive function.
- The dietary supplement is caffeine-free, so it doesn’t cause insomnia, energy crashes mid-day or restlessness. It’s also gluten-free and it doesn’t include any genetically modified ingredients.
- The company is transparent and shows an image of the full label with all its ingredients and the dosage for each.
- All products come with free worldwide shipping and a 60-day money back guarantee, including handling and shipping. Most supplements don’t include handling and shipping for returns. Most supplements manufacturers don’t provide worldwide shipping either, only domestic. 60 days should also allow enough time to see some results, especially that the effects should be felt in half an hour and last up to 10 hours. Moreover, the company is kind enough to include extra time for return shipping, so the 60-day money back guarantee is 67.
- It’s one of the most powerful brain boosters on the market as most only work up to 5 hours, not up to 10 like NooCube.
- The product is reasonably priced.
On the downside, there are concerns around a few aspects:
- If following the recommended dose of two to four capsules a day, the dosage of each ingredient of the supplement might not be high enough to levy the effects mentioned in the referenced study. The quantities administered in the studies are likely to be higher.
- Some of the reviews listed might not be conclusive or credible for the claimed effects, for example, there is no proof that cat’s claw can improve the cognitive function as it’s not a stimulant. The medical world does not recognize the studies cited for oat straw and more proof is needed actually to promote its benefits for the brain.
- Also, supplements sold online are usually sold by so-called ghost companies we don’t know much about, and this is also the case for this manufacturer. Company credibility and profile contributes to the market success of a product.
- It’s also confusing that the product is manufactured in FDA-approved facilities, but the company is based in Cyprus and the label states the product is made in the UK.
It’s hard to find the suitable product, but NooCube is worth a try. It might feel like cheating, but why not give your brain a helping hand now and then? It will give you a competitive edge.